New Year, new me?






It's probably one of the lines I hear the most around new year. Everybody is trying to change, to improve. I always have resolutions to try and change and improve but always fall back into old habits. I want to change my life, make it more interesting and exciting, but never really change much.



This year, I'm having my final exams (and I'm not gonna lie, I'm bricking it) and have to decide what to do with my life. 2015 is my year of CHANGE, if I want to or not.

I'm not going to work right away, but decided to take a little bit time off to travel and explore (something I never really got to do, only traveling to the same city in Italy for the last ten years or so).
Me and a friend of mine will be purchasing RTW-tickets this year and hopefully wrap up our year in Australia. Everything is super exciting but also stressful. There's a lot of planning (I have dozens of guidebooks to go through) and working involved (of course, those tickets won't just pay themselves) between all of the studying for my exams and searching for a job to pay for the tickets and a training or a place to study.

Even with a lot of stress ahead this year, I'm really looking forward to it and feel really motivated to finally make my wish come true to travel and see the world. I feel inspired by so many people doing so and think that it would help me widen my horizon (as they say) and change my ways (not being so shy all the time and speak up for myself, also to step out of my comfort zone).

This year is all about planning our (road) trips in the different countries we stop at, before we head off in late November. I've never even been to an airport before which will probably make me feel really uneasy and will take a lot of planning on my side.

I'm yet to figure out where to stay or how long we will stay in one place or even how to plan that without forgetting about my exams. Even with all of my excitement, there are people bringing me down. My family is a bit uneasy about that plan (thinking I just want to take a year long holiday so I won't have to work) and me and my dad are stuck in constant discussions. I don't know why but he wants me to stay in Australia for the whole time, which is something I don't want to do because I want to travel more than just one country. 

For me, 2015 is the year I get to do what I want to do. With the exams I will decide what I will do in the future. With the traveling part I will "widen my horizon" and maybe become a little more easy about my self and figure out who exactly I am and who I want to be. 

To a fantastic new Year 2015, with (hopefully mostly) good changes and lessons to be learnt.





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Decanne. Design by Fearne.